Changes to sex on birth certificate

If the sex recorded on your birth certificate is not correct, we can assist. To change the sex on your birth certificate, an application to the Court is required. An application can be made by an adult for themselves, or a parent on behalf of a child.

If you were born intersex and want to correct this on your birth certificate, we can also assist with an application to Births Deaths and Marriages.

Other legal services

If you need a new will, an Enduring Power of Attorney, assistance with conveyancing, to wind up or create a family trust, we can refer you to a property lawyer. We have strong relationships with lawyers who work in complementary fields, which we utilise for the benefit of our clients.

Legal aid

We provide legal advice and representation for family law matters to people who are eligible for legal aid.

Complementary services

Family conflict can be very stressful for adults and children alike. We highly recommend our clients get support, including from counsellors such as the Skylight Trust who offer counselling for adults and children, as well as many free resources to support families through difficult times.

We can also recommend good relationship counsellors who can assist couples to either look at restoring their relationship, or to talk through how best to separate.