Aerial view of beachfront property and sea

Relationship Property Agreements (Dividing Property)

Normally when you separate you will need a Relationship Property Agreement. This Agreement will set out how you and your ex-partner have agreed to divide your relationship property. In most situations your relationship property will be divided equally. However, there are some important exceptions. We will provide you with prompt and realistic advice to help you negotiate the very best result and allow you to focus on the future.

Sometimes relationship property can be complex – particularly where there are trust, partnership, or company structures in place. We are experienced in complex relationship property matters and can guide you through the legal frameworks and help you achieve a fair agreement.

If you are not able to agree, we can assist with the Court process and ensure you achieve the best possible outcome.

Contracting Out Agreements (Protecting Property)

When starting a new relationship, you might be concerned about how to protect your existing assets. We can help you understand how your assets could be divided with or without an Agreement.

Having a Contracting Out Agreement (often referred to as a “pre-nup”) will give you peace of mind so you know what to expect if things do not go to plan. We will work with you to ensure that your Agreement meets your needs and will withstand the test of time.